Junior FIRST LEGO League is an annual, team-based program for 1st-3rd grade. The season begins in August with the end-of-season Junior Expo usually in November.
The Junior FIRST LEGO League is a program for 1st through 3rd graders to get their hands on the robot and get familiar with the FIRST Lego League program in a collaborative environment. Teams of 3 – 6 kids (ages 6 – 9) work together to answer the challenges of the annual theme through a “Show Me” poster presentation and a moving LEGO model. Our goal is for kids to get thinking about the impact they can make in the world through sharing their ideas as well as getting them building and programming.
The Benefits of BadgerBOTS:
- Team and student registration which includes everything, including team t-shirts!
- Brand-new WeDo 2.0 robot kit lending to teams (no need to buy your own)
- In-person support system at our Education Center
- A regularly available work space for your team (Evenings Mon, Wed, Thurs, all day Saturday)
- Project materials
- Use of our giant color plotter
- A local JrFLL expo event at the Badgerland Regional FLL Tournament in November
The cost for joining BadgerBOTS JrFLL is $75 for each youth team member, and scholarships are available (click here for the scholarship application form). Payments can be made to the BadgerBOTS Robotics Corporation by check or electronically through our registration system. Cash or check can be mailed to the BadgerBOTS Education Center.
Additional donations support the participation of a full and diverse cross-section of our community. Please consider donating at the time of your registration. BadgerBOTS is a 501c3, non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductible.